[SATLUG] interesting caveat printed on the Ubuntu download page for Meercat

travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org
Mon Sep 6 10:44:09 CDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 08:17:23AM -0500, Don Davis wrote:
> A year ago I install
> Adobe's 64bit Linux native Flash.

That would have been the beta.

> I discovered today that it had been
> pulled. So it's back to NS-plug ins or chroot. They promise that the
> next release will have better 64 bit support.

That's odd.

Anyway, it'll be just a short time before it's out.

It may not be usable in practice though.

Even on 32-bit, I get sound problems - like it just stops working.

Also you'll note that video on netbooks kills the CPU, and when the CPU
is taxed, sound suffers.  Forget full screen on a netbook unless you
have VDPAU

--
It asked me for my race, so I wrote in "human". -- The Beastie Boys