[SATLUG] Speech to Text program

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Mon Sep 6 12:51:56 CDT 2010

It seems that orca is also a screen reader. There are several text to
speech readers in linux - it seems that your priority is a screen reader.

sudo s  u  d  o

gives permissions to the program apt-get that installs the program

you could also try finding orca in synaptic

in a terminal window you will type

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install gnome-orca

speech to text will be a bit more difficult.

ktts for the kde desktop is highly recommended

try orca and see what you think.