[SATLUG] anyone want to do Linux kernel work on HP 2133s in exchange for a cheap laptop?

travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org travis+ml-satlug at subspacefield.org
Mon Sep 6 14:20:34 CDT 2010

Hey all,

I've got a HP 2133 mini-note (netbook) that suffers from a few
problems under Linux:

http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/hp_2133_links.html

I paid over $1k for it a few years ago since it has some custom mods;
notably a built-in atheros wifi chip capable of running kismet, and a
larger aftermarket battery that lasts much longer.

I don't have the time to troubleshoot and fix all the problems, but I
would like to find a new owner for it that is interested in doing so.
You'll need to learn ACPI and APM to fix the problems.

In compensation, I'll let it go for a lot less than I paid for it.
I'm not sure how much yet; my gut says less than $250, but I'll have
to figure out a fair way to price it.
--
It asked me for my race, so I wrote in "human". -- The Beastie Boys