[SATLUG] Add line or character delay to ssh session

Aaron Hackney aaron at aaronhackney.com
Tue Sep 7 10:01:38 CDT 2010

Hey all. I've been off the list for a while retooling for a new job,
but I'm back in action.

So, I've googled my brains out, but I can't find any references to
this. What I am looking to do is delay my line feeds to an ssh
session. That is, when I am copy and pasting code to an ssh session, I
would like a 30ms delay before or after the line feed before it
attempts to send another line.

I have come up with solutions for this using M$ Windows based software
(Teraterm & SercureCRT ,but no putty), however I'm looking for a
command line equivalent in Linux ssh CLI sessions.

If it helps to understand the problem, I have outlined the M$
solutions here: http://www.networksa.org/?p=176

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you
come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people
who have come alive." -Dr. Howard Thurman

Aaron Keith Hackney
aaron at aaronkeithstudios.com
Cell 210.325.2196