[SATLUG] Add line or character delay to ssh session

c P sargonemail at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 13:55:15 CDT 2010

> True enough. I was hoping for something simpler like the line-delay
> option in the other ssh clients that perhaps I was ignorant of....

Based on your previous post, the following seemed quicker than trying
to patch the source code. :)

Craig

Put the following in a file (based on gawk 3.1 manual demo), invoke
awk using the script file with appropriate redirects.

###awk script
### after delays in increments of ms.

BEGIN
{
naptime=30
delay=30
}
{
         # zzzzzz..... go away if interrupted
         if (system(sprintf("after %d", naptime)) != 0)
             exit 1

         # time to notify!
         command = sprintf("after %d", delay)
         for (i = 1; i <= count; i++) {