[SATLUG] Speech to Text program

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 10:14:58 CDT 2010

Do I understand correctly that the ktts in kde would not work or would not
work properly on a gnome desktop?

I did already install orca from synoptic.  Sounds like I need to do the sudo
commands yet.

Will give that a shot and see what happens.  Only other alternative is maybe
ordering virtual machine cd from linux perhaps to run JAWS?

I can check to see if there is any info in previous cd's that Herb has sent
me to see where to order.  Maybe they also would have one for orca which
would make install simpler perhaps for my worker Cheryl who is typing this
for me now.

Thanks a lot Don!  I appreciate it very much.
Cheryl