[SATLUG] TWC gateway login/password

Al Castanoli afcasta at satx.rr.com
Fri Sep 24 17:02:11 CDT 2010

Alex Bartonek <bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm managing two servers behind on a business class account with a TWC gateway/router.
> The problem is I cannot manage it because they dont allow end users to do so.  Anyone
> have a username/pass for one of these?  I want to block ports that I dont want open
> to the real world.  OS is Solaris 10 x86.

What I do in a case like this is use a second nic on each server, configured to private
IP's, and connect them to each other via crossover cable or a second switch.  Then I
limit the ports exposed to the Internet facing router.  Another, and easy to set up,
method is to place a cheap PC between the servers and th TWC gateway/router, and set
the cheap PC up with IPcop.

Al Castanoli