[SATLUG] VMWare to buy Novell?

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Sep 25 02:30:50 CDT 2010

On Sunday 19 September 2010 18:21:57 Nate wrote:
> http://www.osnews.com/story/23818/WSJ_VMware_To_Buy_Novell_s_Linux_Business
>
> What do you guys think about this? I have always been a fan of VMWare
> over Parallels on the Mac.

The whole market is shuffling right now to gain leverage.

Citrix bought Xenworks  ('caus FOSS rocks and their product was fat,
overpriced and no one used it).

And Rackspace just open sourced it's virtualization platform.. which pissed
off VMWare and left them with no FOSS leverage.

Move of desperation if you ask me.  They feel the need for a FOSS contender.
Plus.. a day late and dollar short..
(or $50 million short.. you seen Novl stock lately?)

Tweeks