[SATLUG] cron help?

Thomas Weeks tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org
Sat Sep 25 02:38:40 CDT 2010

On Wednesday 22 September 2010 09:36:35 Paul Halmos wrote:
> Check /var/log/cron for errors and make sure your script is executable and
> has the correct permissions/ownership. That is where I would start. Good
> luck

Actually Paul.. if the cron script is in /etc/cron.d/ you need to make sure
that it is NOT executable. I think that changes in vixicron v3 or something.
I remember bc RH broke millions of servers around the world in one night. ;)

Richard... Where's your script located? Are you running selinux? what do your
logs say?

Tweeks