[SATLUG] cron help?

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 23:10:10 CDT 2010

Paul Halmos wrote:

> Here are the default contents of the rsyslog.conf file on a Fedora 12 system.

> # Log cron stuff
> cron.*                                                  /var/log/cron

Well that looks OK.  I'm not familiar with rsyslog, but you generally
have to stop and restart the cron daemon to get logging to start.

As Paul said, make sure /var/log/cron exists.

Try adding a statement to the crontab file like:

0 2 * * * /bin/echo "Testing";/path/to/your/script

That should run at 2AM.  Adjust the frequency to suit.  Always use the
full path.

   -- Bruce