[SATLUG] Root Password - Help Please!!!!

Charles Mims chmims at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 11:51:48 CDT 2010

I use Ubuntu, but have never cared for the lack of root access except using
sudo.  On occasions
it just doesn't work e.g. try to set up a cups printer using a browser.

Ubuntu does create a root account but does not assign a password.  You
simply need to create one.
 $ sudo passwd root
You can then create the password for root and 'su' into the root account.