[SATLUG] cron help?

mark mark at kandm-solutions.com
Wed Sep 29 13:15:19 CDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 22:07 -0500, Richard Suberg wrote:
> Funny thing is, I have _yet_ to see any kind of log for cron.  I gotta be
> doing something wrong.... I see logs for other things in there, dmesg, etc..
> but nothing for cron in /var/log/ but I do see cups there and one other c
> but no cron...
>
> Richard

Perhaps you need to examine the configuration file for your system
logging utility. For example on my machine I have some files
in /etc/rsyslog.d/ that control what is logged and where. I have a line
in default.conf for cron but it is commented out. If I uncommented the
line I would get a log file for cron(/var/log/con.log).

--
kandm-solutions.com