[SATLUG] Lexmark x4975 printer install

Don Davis dondavis at reglue.org
Thu Sep 30 06:57:43 CDT 2010

Unfortunately -- true. It was even very difficult to use the Lexmark as
a network printer.

There are suggestions:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=49714&highlight=lexmark+printer+karmic&page=57
However, it seems that it's a nearly fruitless task.

I know printers aren't necessarily cheap, but you may be much better
served with an HP. (The chances of getting the Lexmark working are slim
and the process difficult.)