[SATLUG] Lexmark x4975 printer install

Cheryl Holmes cherylholmes72 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 09:22:15 CDT 2010

I hear you on Lexmark.  I agree they're crap!  But...sister is easily as
brainless and not at all computer literate.  She just jumped out and bought
this stupid thing on HSN (sigh)

The first install she did with this printer on 8.04 took 8 hours of Lexmark
Ubuntu tech support by phone. (What fun!)

I doubt that the stuff launchpad had us download (drivers) will help but
keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks!