[SATLUG] Private Clouds

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 21:42:40 CDT 2011

By definition, you can't run a cloud on a single server. If, however, you
wanted to virtualize several instances on a single server to mimic a cloud,
you would have to use something like virtualbox which can fully emulate the
hardware without using the virtual extensions of Intel or AMD. I haven't
used vbox in a while, so I'm not sure if the product still does that, but
last time I used it, it had a mode for non-proc-v-extension driven
virtualization and a mode that leveraged the virtual extensions from Intel
and AMD. If in fact you can use vbox, then I would recommend starting with a
2 node 'cloud' made with either UEC (ubuntu enterprise cloud) or openstack
(swift + nova).

Ernest
                  -o)
                   /\\