[SATLUG] Private Clouds

Mark Mayfield mark at kandm-solutions.com
Fri Apr 8 22:24:44 CDT 2011

virtualbox does still support running without virtual extensions. It is
however painfully inefficient. Multiple virtual machines running on a
single 32 bit core would be dreadful. I have virtualbox running on 64
bit debian lenny, a 2.8Ghz hyperthreaded processor with 4G of ram. It
blows. Of course I could just be spoiled by multi core machines with
hardware virtualization extensions.