[SATLUG] Private Clouds

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Sun Apr 10 10:50:51 CDT 2011

As does VMWare Server (Free, AKA GSX) and VMWare Workstation (Not Free).
 XEN does as well if you are wanting only Linux VMs, as Windows requires the
Virt Assist CPUs.

The problem with over-hyped terminology is that it makes it unclear what you
are actually trying to do.  In my estimation, Cloud=Automated Virtualization
or Automated Provisioning;  Could also be Virtualized Virtualization I
guess.

None of the virtulization products mentioned automate provisioning, so not
sure that it achieves your "Private Cloud" desires though....