[SATLUG] Fwd: TEKsystems - SATLUG Sponsorship

Ernest De Leon edeleonjr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:59:42 CDT 2011

Sponsoring an event has the single end goal of finding 'talent' to fill
positions for their clients (and get their placement fees). In order for
them to do this, they need you to interact with them; i.e., giving them your
resume and personal info. Whether or not you give them your resume and
personal info is your choice. What they often do with that info is what I
was speaking to. I'm simply trying to inform everyone of my personal
experience and the experiences of many other colleagues of mine who have
used head hunters in the past.

They are not sponsoring an event for the sake of charity.

I'll quote the opening sentence of my reply for the sake of clarity: "I see
nothing wrong with having them sponsor an event and discuss their services."

This is not meant to be a curt reply, just clarifying in case I wasn't clear
in my original response.

Thanks,

                  -o)
                   /\\