[SATLUG] cutting mixing audio

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Mon Apr 18 17:21:41 CDT 2011

As this thread is very old, but the info is still relevant, I am
top-posting.

I am wondering if you Audacity users out there know how to get rid of the
~500ms silence that Audacity seems to be adding to my MP3 exports.  It makes
looping mp3's difficult as it disrupts the tail/head matching that I am
doing.  I don't know if this is a function of the
Audacity/LAME interaction or what, but my project does not indicate that
brief beginning silence is there on the project, only when I export to MP3.
Any ideas?

Thanks!
John