[SATLUG] FAFSA application

Samuel Leon satlug at net153.net
Mon Apr 18 20:19:00 CDT 2011

On 03/20/2011 08:36 PM, mark wrote:
> 	So my girlfriend and I were trying to our FAFSA applications online.
> The site was down for "maintenance" for a few days. When it came back up
> and I tried to go fill out my application I got an unsupported browser
> error. It wouldn't let me fill out the application. It said that I
> wasn't using a standards compliant browser. It also showed a list but
> the only requirement I didn't meet was the operating system. It only
> supports Windows and Mac.
>
> 	I sent them some comments about about requiring me to use an operating
> system that costs money in order to fill out an application that is
> supposed to be free. Also for telling me I am using a browser that is
> not standards compliant when my browser is, so is my operating system.
> That they are requiring the use of operating systems that are not
> standards compliant.

Well not to beat a dead horse but I see now salliemae.com requires me to
have an embedded pdf reader in my browser. Yes I know adobe has their
linux firefox pdf plug-in but I am not installing it. First of all, I
hate it when pdf's load in my browser. Just give me the dang file to
download...
So if anyone is keeping track of websites that have ridiculous
requirements, add sallie

Sam