[SATLUG] Fwd: TEKsystems - SATLUG Sponsorship

Charles Hogan cd_satl at futuretechsolutions.com
Tue Apr 19 08:49:10 CDT 2011

Looking at this from a mostly outsider's perspective, I can see where
there could be conflicts of interest with Rackspace and TEKsystems both
being sponsors, especially with the amount of support that Rackspace
gives the LUG, but terms and conditions can be worked out so that the
two can live together peacefully.

Bottom line, TEK is looking for talent and not all members of the LUG
are, or will ever be,  Rackers.  Before the migraines drove me away from
this industry, there were many a times I could have used services such
as the ones that TEK provides.  Even now, if contact could be limited to
my terms, there is a possibility that I could use TEK's services.
SATLUG, by it nature and existence, supports FOSS, and by extension,
individuals choosing their own paths.  Should TEK agree to conditions
such as no direct approachment of individuals and making those
conditions overtly known, then most conflicts of interest with our
primary sponsor, Rackspace. should be resolved.

Charles