[SATLUG] Fwd: Looking for backup solutions

Kevin Flanagan koflanagan at satx.rr.com
Thu Apr 21 00:23:07 CDT 2011

Richard,

	Are you absolutely against onsite backups?  I'm sure you can build
something with enough disk space suite your needs.  If not you could get a
few TBs and backup over your LAN.  As far as Exchange backups go, windows
backup can do that for you.  I believe it even gives you an option to set a
schedule for different types of backups(full/incremental).  You should also
look into robocopy for backing up your files, it's not perfect but does the
job.  The MSSQL piece you will need to research a little.  I know our DBA's
backup across the network with very few issues.  We normally have a full
backup taken of MSSQL or Oracle on the weekends, incremental during the work
week.  I use forfiles to trim my backups and it works really well.

P.S.  Excuse my spelling and grammar