[SATLUG] Fwd: Looking for backup solutions

Kevin Flanagan koflanagan at satx.rr.com
Thu Apr 21 16:29:23 CDT 2011

Howdy!

	I think David is heading in the right direction.  You might want to
look into a standby database, we do that for DR.  Basicly the db will create
archive logs that are then pushed to the DR db server.  Then MSSQL on the
other server will take those archive logs and apply them to the standby db.
If you have a failure you just make the standby "active" and point your apps
to that server and db.  I did a quick google and found these, not sure what
the pricing is but might be what you are looking for.

http://www.ibackup.com/online-backup-sql-server/
http://mylittlebackup.com/mlb/spotlight/online_sqlserver_backup_restore_myli
ttlebackup.html
http://www.backup4less.com/overview.cfm