[SATLUG] SA Broadband Suggestions

Me ftm at satx.rr.com
Sat Apr 23 08:40:02 CDT 2011

Depending on the service you require there are additional options as well.
In my case I am using Time Warner Business Class and when my subdivision was
built fiber optics was installed as well.  I personally have had relatively
few outages or problems.  I do have friends who are served by cable that
have had issues as well.  I do not recommend AT&T at all for any service.
Partly because of pricing, unreliability and sneaky charges that appear on
your bill. They do, however, offer a 30 day money back guarantee for their
U-verse service.
Back to other options and those are wireless service.  This is available
from Sprint, Clear, Verizon, T-Mobile, Cricket, Time-Warner  and others. The
Time-warner wireless service gives you city-wide hot spots at no additional
charge.
Grande Communications is only available on the North Side of the city,
outside of Loop 410, I believe.
TW also includes free anti-virus for windows boxes, although Microsoft
Security Essentials is available for free from Microsoft.  None of the cable
or internet services I have been in contact with seem to know beans about
Linux, however my Linux boxes work just fine on my service.

Finally, Welcome to San Antonio.

Doug