[SATLUG] Sound Recording Issue in Fedora 14 with MythTV 0.24

Peter Cross pjcrux at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 22:13:31 CDT 2011

I have been experiencing a sound issue in F14 with MythTV 0.24. The sound is
similar to something out of an old radio (non-stereo). This issue did not
exist in F12 with 0.23. I have attached a 9MB clip for those that care to
offer suggestions and opinions (all are welcome).

http://pjcrux.amahi.me/Public/The%20Ten%20Commandments-1.mpg

I have checked the settings in alsamixer as well as the settings in MythTV
and everything appears correct. Is there somewhere else I could be looking
or haven't thought to look? This machine is the backend for all of my
frontends in the house. My HW setup is as follows:

Fedora 14 DVD x86_64
MythTV 0.24 (via RPMFusion)
AMD Phenom x3 2.3GHz
8GB DDR2-800