[SATLUG] Linux update

Steev Klimaszewski threeway at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 14:35:41 CDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Christopher Lemire
<christopher.lemire at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com/2011/04/hackwarez-caught-being-shady.html
>
> Also I just wanted to ask -- What are most SATLUGERs thoughs on Gnome3. And
> the ones that are using Gnome2, do they plan to migrate to Gnome3 or
> possibly switch to something like KDE?
>
> --
> Christopher Lemire <christopher.lemire at gmail.com>
> Ubuntu 64 bit Linux Raid Level 0
>
> Gnu Privacy Guard Key Fingerprint = 3E1A 9103 EF3D 4885 6866  E9DE C69F 18B3
> E13B 0909
>
> Web: http://linuxinnovations.blogspot.com
> Jabber: recursivequicksort at jabber.org

Call me old fashioned, but I just didn't get the humor of that post.
I get that it was about Slackware, but maybe I don't understand since
I've never run it.

Gnome3 is nice... or at least, the 1 time I was able to run it on
Natty it was (but it ended up breaking everything else, without fully
installing, to be fair though, it was the "gnome3-team ppa"; Dunno how
true to upstream it is/was though, and it had a dependency problem on
wanting gnome-session-bin-2.32 but wanted to install
gnome-session-bin-3.0; It may be sorted, I don't know.

I'll stick with Gnome 2 for a bit, no reason to update just because
it's released.  I will, because of work, be using Natty, and it's
unity interface.

You will see me switching to KDE.... never.