[SATLUG] D-Link Netcams

buddylee48 buddylee48 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 21:43:06 CDT 2011

I personally have enjoyed motion. It doesn't have a gui and has a simplistic
config file imho. You can basically use that url and motion will auto
timestamp it for you. You can set hdd space limits including commands to run
when it reaches this limit (including using an encoder to convert those
image sequences to video and then removing them). I personally would
background that and transfer that video to another server for safe keeping.
Motion has the ability to record all the time or only when motion is
detected as well. Which is why I love this tool.

Cody Lee
On Apr 30, 2011 9:32 PM, "Travis Runty" <trunty at linuxismybff.com> wrote:
> I am fairly confident zoneminder will be your new best friend. It should
be able to do this for you automagically and provide a very nice interface
and toolset.