[SATLUG] Pulse-Audio Sound question

hc at lookcee.com hc at lookcee.com
Wed Aug 3 04:03:55 CDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 2, 2011 15:53, "Al Castanoli" <afcasta at satx.rr.com> said:

> ---- Robert Pearson <e2eiod at gmail.com> wrote:

>> when
>> driven it
>> PulseAudio
>> very
>> and
>> change
>
>> > Well after tons of searching it appears that the video is played with Flash and
>> I can find no way to tap into the sound to adjust it...sigh
>> > herb
>
>> Well herb, I tried to play this URL
>> <http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/stephen-hawking-story-of-everything/>
>> with my Chromium browser on Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" and it played
>> the front end commercial fine and then crashed.
>
> I'm watching the hawking cosmic sneeze video from the URL above on a Asus G73S
> running Scientific Linux 6.1 x86_64, and it's working just fine in Firefox.
>
> I was a big Ubuntu fan and still use 10.04 LTS in a few places at home, but need
> something a tad more stable at work.
>
> Regards,
> Al Castanoli

Thanks Robert & Al
My problem appears to be my Bose sound sys and the Flash player. I love the speakers and I am happy with Ubuntu 11.04 and the Banshee player.

While it is rather a trivial problem, guess I just gotta whine a bit now and then. It was however, annoying enough for me to track it down and I can find no way to adjust the tone used by Flash. Banshee has an equalizer plug in and and sound playing through it can be adjusted so that it does not hurt my ears so those few vids I wish to watch can be DLed and played offline. I will just use the work-round for now.

Thanks again guys for the response.
herb