[SATLUG] Troubleshooting Time

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 9 21:49:55 CDT 2011

You could try pulling everything but the CPU and minimal memory. If the
POST beeps the speaker (for no video or other codes) you know at least
the mobo and CPU aren't dead. If not, Easter Egg the memory. If still no
joy, body loot the carcass and dump the remains (in an ecologically
approved manner, of course.)

If you get beeps, add back items a little at a time until failure - at
which point what was added last is the prime suspect.  --Don