[SATLUG] Troubleshooting Time

Kyle Chrisman kyle at kylechrisman.com
Tue Aug 9 22:34:15 CDT 2011

Motherboard maybe shorted out.  Check the solder points on the underside
of the board and make sure the riser pegs off the chassis are those
white plastic ones or that they have those little red washer rings.  If
it looks phantom and everything appears to be in working condition,
chances are the board is shorting on the case.

If you can't figure it out inside the chassis, pull everything out and
assemble on the bench where the chassis is no longer part of the equation.

Sometimes the ghost can be the only thing in the assembly that isn't
supposed to be electrically charged.

Cheers

Kyle