[SATLUG] Re: linux day celebration

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 20:22:17 CDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 10:31, Greg Swift <gregswift at gmail.com> wrote:
> So... my co-worker (roy sigler for those of you that know him) and I
> were discussing that it would be kind of kewl to hold a "drinks and
> socializing" birthday party for Linux's 20th birthday.  There has been
> a hint of the possibility that we'd bring a cake.
>
> Our original plan was to do the "party" from like 6-8pm on August
> 25th.  But then a few days ago I found a site called linuxday.org
> which is acting as a organization site for this type of event around
> the globe.  Their date is August 27th.  So that kinda complicates
> things, because crashing a venue with a few handfuls of people on a
> thursday night is a lot easier than a saturday night.  If anyone has
> any suggestions and would actually like to get something planned, feel
> free to touch base with me, otherwise I might just withdraw my plans.
>
> My other co-worker suggested dong the 25th meetup @ Broadway 50/50 at
> i10 and wurzbach.  Not sure how crowded it gets on the weekends, but
> the non-bar space has been fairly empty the weeknights I've gone.
>
> -greg

So I didn't hear anything back, and so at this point I'm not really
expecting much.  A handful of my linux associated acquaintances and I
are gonna throw a small get together @ DoubleDave's on blanco.  Anyone
that would like to crash is welcome.  If we can get over 15 yes rsvp'd
in advance we can "sign up" for a party discount..

http://linuxday.org/teams/2011/US/SALinuxPeeps/