[SATLUG] Re: linux day celebration

Howard Haradon hharadon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 09:29:19 CDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Jonathan Kelley <jonkelley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rackspace probably wouldn't mind as long as we book the Rally room which is
> our normal meet floor. In fact it's something we could advertise company
> wide to bring more people in for the event and might capture more rackers as
> members.
>
> Alcohol would be permitted.
>
> Of course we'll have to double check the arrangements with the powers that
> be; but yeah. We could use the projectors and sound system and play
> something like mystery science theatre or something. I don't know, I'm
> describing my ideal geek party.
> --

I think it would be a good idea to do Linux Day at RS, but you would
need to check with Kyle Chrisman as he is our go-to guy with Rackspace.
We would likely get better attendance there than at a restaurant/bar.  If beer
were approved, we would need to be hyper-vigilant to see that no one was
over served.

Howard
--
Howard Haradon