[SATLUG] Burned out programmer

Kernel Architect kernel.architect at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 12:01:50 CDT 2011

Donald,

I'm about to run out the door, so I'll send a more detailed response later,
but I know of a few roles where you would probably shine and you should
love. I deal with many clients a year from SMB to F500 and know about every
position from the entry level MIS assistant up through CTO. You definitely
have some skills and education that could put you solidly in a higher-level
architecture/solutions role that would be both challenging and rewarding.
I'll speak to this when I respond later.

Don't despair. IT is an awesome industry with just a hair over 3%
unemployment (which is considered just about full employment). There are no
shortage of jobs (excellent paying as well) for well qualified candidates.

Thanks,
Ernest