[SATLUG] Burned out programmer

Alex Bartonek bartonekdragracing at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 12 16:49:31 CDT 2011

Actually yes, I was in the same boat about 3 years ago.  I've been programming since I was 15, professionally since I was 20 (I'm 37 now).  I got burned out after 19 years to where I wouldnt want to code at home.   I had a few projects I was working on but I dumped them and they just sit.   Currently I'm a Unix Admin here at work for about 3 years now.  It's been a good transition and now I actually find myself wanting to code...*at home*.   You should give it a shot.  Being able to wear multiple hats is also good for the resume :)

-Alex