[SATLUG] How Linux Mastered Wall Street

country glenn.toothman at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:09:23 CDT 2011

Windows updates are crashing everything, at Audie Murphy VAMC, they (IT
shop) did an update, DURING BUSINESS HOURS, and crashed the system a couple
months back, they are still trying to recover from that one..  it effected
all the satellite clinics, the travel pay section and none of the clinics
were able to update any of the info from the day's appts.

Good ole MicroSloth...

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Jonathan Kelley <jonkelley at gmail.com>wrote:

> I recall when Windows crashed on the london stock exchange and they
> were down for the day. People were crying fraud etc it was a total
> mess. The cause was a Windows update or something wasn't it?
> --
> Jon

Ft. Leonard Wood MO '65
Ft. Devens MA '65-'66