[SATLUG] How Linux Mastered Wall Street

Igor Gueths igor.gueths at rackspace.com
Thu Aug 18 22:13:19 CDT 2011

The best one I heard thus far is Windows XP running on your run of the
mill MRI machine. Needless to say, the thing got connected to the
Interned against factory advice, and it got infected with a botnet.
On 8/18/2011 10:09 PM, country wrote:
> Windows updates are crashing everything, at Audie Murphy VAMC, they (IT
> shop) did an update, DURING BUSINESS HOURS, and crashed the system a couple
> months back, they are still trying to recover from that one..  it effected
> all the satellite clinics, the travel pay section and none of the clinics
> were able to update any of the info from the day's appts.
>
> Good ole MicroSloth...
>

> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Jonathan Kelley<jonkelley at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I recall when Windows crashed on the london stock exchange and they
>> were down for the day. People were crying fraud etc it was a total
>> mess. The cause was a Windows update or something wasn't it?
>> --
>> Jon
>> --

Igor

This email may include confidential information. If you received it in error, please delete it.