[SATLUG] Great company looking for linux admins

Darin Reed dreed10 at satx.rr.com
Fri Aug 19 18:25:15 CDT 2011

Hello All,

 I work for a local financial institution that will be moving our core financial application from an AS/400 to linux. We are looking for experienced linux admins. Two positions currently available. Senior/Junior positions.  To view job descriptions and apply online, please visit www.rbfcu.org and click on careers. Select Administrative Service Center for the location. Here is a copy of the job description for the senior position.  While questions such as pay/benefits I will have to refer to HR dept, I may be able to answer other questions off the list. This is a great opportunity for someone.  Let me know if you apply.  Thanks.

Darin Reed
Senior System Administrator
Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union

The Senior Linux Administrator will implement, maintain and troubleshoot all Red Hat Linux Operating Systems in support of the Acumen Core System. Perform Red Hat Linux systems administration and management of multiple servers in production, development, QA, production staging and training environments to include installation and customization. Project management of multiple critical distributed systems infrastructure projects. Perform engineering duties for all aspects of server system and application deployment, support, and administration projects. Design and implement systems LINUX/UNIX monitoring infrastructure for performance management and capacity planning. Execute all aspects of Linux/UNIX system administration associated with the backup systems as well as server maintenance release updates for system management. Perform server maintenance, upgrade, and tuning associated with monitoring and backup software. Render assistance to Help Desk, Database Administrators, Communication, Network Support, and Application Development staff on complex problems. Train and mentor other team members.

REQUIREMENTS
·  Five to seven years experience managing Linux/UNIX server environments to include OS installation, configuration, and tuning
·  Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems management or equivalent combination of education and experience required
·  Expert knowledge and skill with all aspects of Linux/UNIX systems administration
·  Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) preferred
·  Strong project management and leadership skills
·  Working knowledge of ITIL framework a plus
·  Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
·  Requires teamwork and dedication to developing strong relationship with co-workers
·  Strong analytical, problem solving, time management, decision making, and organizational skills
·  Financial institution experience a plus
·  Must be adaptable, self- motivated, dedicated, and reliable