[SATLUG] Western Digital Cavier Green Drives

scs at worldlinkisp.com scs at worldlinkisp.com
Thu Aug 25 16:33:35 CDT 2011

>Subject : RE: [SATLUG] Western Digital Cavier Green Drives
>Anyone have any issues in any distro with a Western Digital Caviar Green
WD20EARS 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard
Drive< http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136514>?
My Seagate 1.5TB got a bad sector and has been in FSCK for over 24 hours
Assume you've looked at Newegg user feedback, and the problems listed,
perhaps Toms Hardware may have something on it.

As Brad mentioned, there's good and bad in all drives, some due to bad luck,
some due to environmental conditions, and some due to manufacturing process
and inadequate quality control measures.

However,I seem to recall several complaints about WD Green drives, but no
personal experience.

Still have an old refurb Maxtor 20g running in a W95 desktop.

Good luck, Lou.  (Ron Paul - 2012)