[SATLUG] Steve Jobs or Linus Torvalds?

Lance Schneider schneider.lh at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 14:27:34 CDT 2011

In a lopsided focus on personal gain from the efforts of someone else, the
person or persons recognized for enhancing investor portfolio will get the
accolades and nod. Culturally, both have expanded the capabilities and
application of microcomputers, but those in the know will understand that
some of Steve's products were built on the shoulders of Linus's
achievements. However, that will not receive the attention it deserves in
the general public indifference to anything not related to tangible assets
to them. Honestly, Steve Jobs is not being celebrated as much as being
examined for who will replace him and keep the money machine running.