[SATLUG] Steve Jobs or Linus Torvalds?

Don Wright satlug at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 27 15:42:57 CDT 2011

Many good responses to which I agree. One aspect not mentioned is that
the publishing industry is heavily invested in Mac products. Even
Microsoft Press was a Mac house.

Jobs is an example of the romantic "garage inventor" myth in American
history. Linus Torvalds was just another foreigner to them, and
obviously "free" is worth what you pay for it. Rackspace and Google they
understand, as they have stock prices and big buildings. Linus doesn't
even have a compound like the Branch Davidians (or the Kennedys) and so
gets ignored.

Newton Minnow was right.  --Don