[SATLUG] access to FreeNode (or IRC in general) from GVTC's network

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:44:00 CST 2011

hey guys.

A couple of months ago I started having sporadic issues accessing various
irc.freenode.net servers.  A reconnect (to goto the next host) usually
worked within a try or two.  But around a month or so ago I stopped being
able to connect at all.  Upon further troubleshooting I found I couldn't
connect to any IRC servers.  I've tried from multiple PCs in my home, but I
haven't tried bypassing the router yet (laptop died around the time I
started troublshooting and PC is to far away from outlet for non-wireless
connection). I checked with GVTC and they said they are not doing anything
to block it.

Anyone on GVTC's network that can try?

My IP is in the subnet.