[SATLUG] access to FreeNode (or IRC in general) from GVTC's network

Greg Swift gregswift at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 11:46:31 CST 2011

Well its goot to know its not just me.  I have been able to connect via the
webchat client as well, and its how I've had to do it, its just tedious
cause I can't leave it running, and logging, and alerting (etc).

I just did reverse lookups of our IPs (from your headers) and there are PTR
(reverse) records for us, but there are not forward records.  I wonder if
that is the problem.

Their DNS outage the other day is fully resolved, I'm thinking this is more
likely to either be a lack of configuration or something like that.  I'll
ask them about why there are not forward records for our IPs.

-greg