[SATLUG] Live backup / hot imaging software for Linux?

buddylee48 buddylee48 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 17:11:13 CST 2011

Well if you change the structure you change everything else and the data
could end up slightly offset but completely useless. I don't imagine that
you reparation very often if at all. The first dd copy was to do everything
at once first then just use rsync to keep the files up to date.

Cody
On Feb 3, 2011 5:08 PM, "David Salisbury" <david.salisbury at momentumweb.com>
wrote:
>> In that case why don't you first dd copy
>
> So I can use dd to just create a copy of the "structure" of the present
filesystem on the new drive, and then mount it and populate it with data
with, say, rsync or cp or something of that nature? I didn't know that's how
dd worked. When I used dd before, it copied the data as well... how can I
make dd just copy the structure?