[SATLUG] Live backup / hot imaging software for Linux?

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Thu Feb 3 17:31:44 CST 2011

rsync should be able to handle this well. If a file disappears while you
are reading it, it will give you a warning. Furthermore, the rsync can be
repeated as often as you like. Once the bulk has been copied, rsync will
be fast and give you almost realtime updates. If you need anything faster
than rsync, use RAID1.

-b.