[SATLUG] Live backup / hot imaging software for Linux?

Christopher Connell connell.christopher at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 18:09:45 CST 2011

This may not be applicable, but I have Mint and it includes Backup Tool and it save data, preferences and software that is installed. If you want to make a installation cd there is APTonCD. Not sure if it is mint/ubuntu specific.

You'd have to ask someone more experienced but I remember something my friend told me about a dd command or a df -h command. Definitely don't remember and only think it works on debian/ubuntu/mint.