[SATLUG] Browsing problem I hope the braintrust can solve

Borries Demeler demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Fri Feb 4 11:35:50 CST 2011

> Borries,
>
> The result was that there was no change in behavior, other than
> e-mails that I orignally had set to display pictures automatically, no
> longer showed anything. Not even a place holder.
>
> Scott

what do you get when you type "sudo route"? Are you connected via
wireless or ethernet? Have you tried switching? You may want to
make sure you are only using one and not the other. You can shut
down one interface with "sudo ifconfig eth0 down" (replace with
your interface, if eth0 is not the right now (run "sudo ifconfig" to
find out what interfaces exist). This is a very strange symptom, and
I don't think this can only be fixed by a re-install. However, you may
spend quite a bit of time trying to track down this issue.

-b.