[SATLUG] Gaming on Linux

Christopher Connell connell.christopher at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 4 15:50:36 CST 2011

I don't have any intention of doing any hardcore gaming, but I'd like to see what the group thinks of the idea of gaming on linux.

1) In particular your thoughts on Cedega, VMware, Parallels, KVM, Wine/Crossover, etc

2) Do you think/what would it take for major Game Developers to port games to Linux?
2b) Do you think they stick to mostly Microsoft Windows because more users use that OS or do you think it more about Microsoft's business practices (e.g. Approaching game developers like they did with manufactures to have their systems carry Windows?

3) Also what's your favorite games for linux? Me: I seem to be returning to these games: Uplink, Metal Blob Solid (Really addicted to this one) and GLTron

v/r

Chris

PS
I've already read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_gaming