[SATLUG] Live backup / hot imaging software for Linux?

John Pappas j at jvpappas.net
Sun Feb 6 13:27:03 CST 2011

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 00:33, Thomas Weeks <tweeksjunk2 at theweeks.org> wrote:

> On Saturday, February 05, 2011 07:30:42 pm John Pappas wrote:
>
> [...trim...]
>
> > I look forward to other's feedback and the potential solution (can't have
>
> > too many tools in one's toolbelt).
>
> [...trim...]
>
> Of course.. many Rackers jusrt use JungleDisk and backup to the cloud.
> That's cool (and easy) too.

I use both JD for both CF and AWS S3 (was a JD user before the M&A) and
recommend that if you need online storage.  I also use ZumoDrive as I like
their caching strategy for offline use better than JD sync (requires both
the offline location and cache, rather than just offline access to cache).
 Plus Zumo+Music will stream to iPhone/Android just like built in music
player, so I can "carry" my entire music library with me, and only have 8 to
32G (depending on platform and device storage) of it "sync'd".

Since JD reintroduced the CLI tools for Linux, I use it with SSH to
backup/sync my servers too.

BTW, Tweeks: It has been a pleasure!  Good luck "back east"!

John