[SATLUG] Gaming on Linux -Super Maryo working?

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 08:33:58 CST 2011

On Monday, February 07, 2011 01:35:25 Christopher Connell wrote:
> Tried it again and it worked; minus the music.

Hmmm... I had some audio issues with SMC a while back on my desktop machine. I ended up having to compile pulseaudio from scratch to get it to work.. I think I needed to use
the phonon-xine backend as well, or maybe it was phonon-gstreamer. That was when I was using an older sound card (Hercules Game Theater XP).
My new sound card works flawless with pulseaudio (HT Omega Claro Halo XT (C-Media Oxygen HD CMI8788)), and my HP laptop has never had any issues either. I was thinking
my old, and somewhat rare, sound card was to blame and that most people would not experience the same problems.

John C.