[SATLUG] OT: Gaming on Linux -Secret Maryo? - MS partner's secret bashing

John D Choate jdchoate at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 12:33:19 CST 2011

Hmm... that graphics chip aught to support 128/256/512M... assuming it is shared memory, is 64M the max that can be assigned in the laptop BIOS? Also, are you running the
proprietary nvidia driver? SMC may not be a 3D game, but it does use openGL acceleration. Also check that you have SDL, though the varoius SDL packages should have
installed as a dependency.

John C.

On Monday, February 07, 2011 09:41:25 Christopher Connell wrote:
> The game and/or my graphics card (64MB NVIDIA NVS 110M) is having trouble playing the game again. Guess I could try V. 1.8; maybe it will work. As for a sound card, I
use a Dell D620 (Mint/XP Home) and Gateway MT1607 (Vista).